Are you looking for volunteering your time?
Our physiotherapy team is looking for an enthusiastic person who could volunteer with us as a physio assistant between 10am and 2pm from Monday to Friday. As a volunteer physiotherapy assistant you will work closely with the physiotherapy team assisting with transfers and other delegated task from our team.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Help to set up equipment before sessions start and clear down at the end of sessions.
- Work in small groups of up to 4 patients, offering support and verbal guidance.
- Ensure the welfare and safety of patients, carers, staff and other volunteers whilst involved in physiotherapy activities.
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Develop a rapport with patients to encourage and motivate them towards improving or maintaining the quality of their life.
- Take responsibility for any equipment used during physiotherapy sessions and maintaining hygiene.
- Assist with hoisting and other transfers
Experience is not necessary as full training will be given. All we ask is that you are committed to offering regular support.
To apply for the position please contact Jo Kendall