We’re getting involved with the 2.6 Challenge, and we’d love you to join us!
People across the country – including celebrities like Usain Bolt, Trevor Nelson and Helen Richardson-Walsh – are taking on a challenge involving the number 2.6 (or 26) to help Save UK Charities.
The Chilterns MS Centre, like many other UK Charities, is in a funding crisis right now and need help to reach our 35th Birthday this September. To do this, we need you – our community- to get involved and donate or get sponsored for completing your 2.6 challenge!
How can I get involved?
1. Choose your challenge – Choose any challenge using the number 2.6 or 26 (or any variation of!). The sky is the limit – although we’ve listed some ideas below – and you can tailor this challenge to your specific skill-sets. From running, walking or cycling 2.6km, to baking 26 cupcakes, to binge-watching 26 hours of your favourite tv show, anything goes as long as you follow government guidelines!
2. Donate or get sponsored – you can either donate your own money in lieu of joining in (suggested donation £26) or set up an online giving page and get sponsored as much as you’re able to, for your challenge. CLICK HERE to set up a Just Giving page to collect your sponsorship or to make your 2.6 Challenge donation to the Chilterns MS Centre.
3. Get in touch – Let us know what 2.6 Challenge you’ve chosen by emailing our fundraising team, and tell the world what your 2.6 challenge is using email, social media and other platforms. Don’t forget to use #TwoPointSixChallenge and tag us in any social media!
4. Complete your challenge – Originally the idea was to take on your 2.6 Challenge on Sunday 26th April (when the London Marathon was first scheduled) however you can complete your challenge whenever you like, just let us know! Be sure to keep everyone updated on your progress; why not go Live on Facebook or take photos before, during and after? We’d love to see how you’re getting on!
This campaign was created to Save the UK’s Charities, and you can find out more by visiting www.twopointsixchallenge.co.uk/getinvolved.
Fantastic Fundraiser Maisie completed 24 hours in the bathroom as a challenge for us last year (in support of her Nan who is a member of the Centre). You can read her story HERE and hopefully it will inspire you to get creative and help your local MS Therapy Centre.
2.6 CHALLENGE IDEAS
- Stand unaided for 26 seconds
- Complete 26 minutes of yoga or pilates
- Do 26 reps of bicep curls (use baked bean cans if you have no equipment!)
- Run, cycle or walk 2.6 Miles / Kilometres (Adhering to Government guidelines, of course!)
- Do 26 sit-ups or press-ups, or complete an exercise for 2.6 minutes
- Hop 26 times on each leg, or do 26 skips
- Do 26 ‘stand and sit’ movements in 26 minutes
- Balance for 26 seconds on a wobble board … or a pair of high heels!
- Walk the dog for 2.6 hours
- Turn off your phone for 26 hours, or turn off social media for that long
- Binge watch your favourite (or least favourite!) tv show for 26 hours
- Play video games for 2.6 hours, or 26 hours if you can handle it!
- Bake 26 cupcakes… or better yet, EAT 26 cupcakes!
- Stay silent for 26 hours
- Garden for 26 minutes
- Read 2.6 books
- Listen to 2.6 hours of rock music (or any type of music!)
- Do 26 superhero good deeds