One-pot Salmon and Asparagus bake
Now is the time to give this salmon and asparagus bake a go as we are right in the middle of asparagus season and so you can easily get hold of fresh, delicious English asparagus. This meal is packed with healthy nutrients, protein and antioxidants.
- 2tbs olive oil or rapeseed oil (reduce this to one tablespoon if you are trying to lose weight)
- 8 baby potatoes
- 2 fillets of salmon
- Bunch of Asparagus
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon (half for juice, half for slices) (or two tablespoons of ready squeezed supermarket lemon juice)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 large Sprig of rosemary (or 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary)
- 1 clove crushed garlic (or a squidge of ‘lazy garlic’)
- A handful of chopped parsley
- Any other veg that you would like to add such as broccoli florets, kale, peppers
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/ gas 5. Get out an oven-proof dish and a small bowl.
- In the oven-proof dish put 1 tbs oil, half of the chopped rosemary, salt and pepper. Put the potatoes in and coat with the oil. Put into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl, add another 1tbs oil, lemon juice, honey, rosemary, garlic salt and pepper and put aside.
- After 25 minutes carefully remove the potatoes from the oven, push them to one side of the dish. Add the salmon, asparagus, tomatoes and any other veg you are using.
- Lay the lemon slices over the salmon, drizzle the liquid over the salmon and asparagus, and bake for another 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove from the oven, sprinkle with parsley and serve
Check out our demonstration video below: