More members will be able to get online and access our virtual services thanks to the Mobbs Memorial Trust.
Support during the Coronavirus Outbreak
IMPORTANT NOTICE: BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
Last updated 05/11/2020
During this second lockdown we are continuing to run face-to-face physiotherapy, acupuncture, foot health and oxygen treatment appointments. We also offer a limited number of home visits to help people to be able to come to the Centre for further treatment.
We have been preparing the Centre to ensure that our cleaning procedures are more robust and frequent, we have acquired all necessary PPE including hand sanitiser, face shields, masks, aprons and gloves. A new appointment procedure is in place. To book an appointment please use one of the following methods:
Call 01296 696133 and leave a message, stating what treatment you would like to make an appointment for and who your last physiotherapist was. Please also leave a contact number and we will call you back with your appointment day/time.
For OXYGEN email firstname.lastname@example.org
For PHYSIOTHERAPY email email@example.com You will require an initial phone/video consultation first for both Centre and home visit appointments
For foot health or lymphodema email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Acupuncture please email email@example.com
You will receive a confirmation email and further information once your appointment has been booked.
If you have an appointment please follow these guidelines:
- On arrival to the Centre, members must remain in their vehicles until they are greeted by their treating clinician who will be wearing full PPE (gloves, apron, face mask and visor).
- The treating clinician will take your temperature and run through the standard Covid-19 screening questions. If all of this is fine, you will be accompanied into the Centre. If you have a raised temperature or there are concerns over the answers provided to the Covid-19 screening questions, unfortunately, you will be asked to leave and self-isolate for the recommended period (10 days).
- If you have an oxygen appointment you will be asked to put your oxygen mask on before you enter the building.
- Members must wear a mask at all times unless you have a medical reason for not wearing one.
- On entry to the building, you must sanitise your hands at the sanitiser station.
- Anyone who is with you must wait in their car whilst your appointment takes place.
- You will be shown straight to your treatment/exercise area.
- Your therapist may ask you to complete a feedback questionnaire at the end of your session.
- When your treatment is over you will be guided out of the building.
- If you wish to make a donation whilst you are at the Centre, you can either deposit a cash or cheque donation in an envelope in the large wooden collection box, or your therapist will be able to take a donation by card.
- Please bring your own drink but please do not bring any food into the Centre.
- Toilet facilities will be available
We are continuing to provide our remote support service through telephone and video calls with our physio team, live exercise classes, online workshops, virtual social activities and telephone counselling. We are still accepting new members, although assessments will take place via telephone/video call.
For online EXERCISE CLASSES and Yoga please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent the Zoom link. Bookings must be received by the day before the class.
On this page you will find links to helpful advice and services, as well as articles and videos on additional exercises, workshops and activities you can do from home.
If you have any concerns please contact us on 01296 696133 or email@example.com
We've been doing a lot of work behind the scenes to get the Centre open again later this month.
Our dietician Claire shows us why healthy eating supports a healthy immune system and how we can eat a rainbow.
Use this guided meditation to alleviate stress and anxiety to help you improve your brain health.
We explain why, during self-isolation, exercise is important for your physical and mental health.
Can you recommend any exercises that I can do at home?
Yes! Your therapist will advise a suitable home programme for you but we have put together a list of suitable videos on exercise, relaxation and more for you to try at home. If you find any others that are useful why not tell us too by emailing us at the address above or posting them to our page on Facebook.
Where can I go for more information and support?
Chilterns MS Centre
You can also call us on 01296 696133 Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm if you have any concerns or questions.
Amy Smissen has some great tips on how to keep sane during self-isolation and social distancing. Visit our YouTube Channel for the latest tips.
A very helpful page that brings together current advice on MS and COVID-19 including self-isolation, DMDs, symptoms and benefits.
If you are worried about your MS and coronavirus and want to chat to someone, call the MS Helpline on 0808 800 8000 Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm except bank holidays.
You can also try some exercise at home with these great videos.
This page will be updated regularly as new information and advice become available.