Our Services and Support During the Pandemic
Last updated 19/07/2021
The Centre is open, but not all services are running yet, or are running with limited capacity.
Whilst the restrictions have been lifted, visitors to the Centre will still have to follow our Covid procedures to keep everyone safe. We are waiting for further information from the NHS and clinical governing bodies before any further changes to our safety measures are made.
If coming to the Centre you must still:
- Wear a surgical grade mask at all times inside, unless medically exempt, or whilst eating and drinking in the Cafe.
- Answer our covid screening questions and take your temperature
- Be seated at the cafe – this is currently table service only to avoid crowding and we are operating a cashless/contactless system
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use the hand sanitiser provided
- Stay away if you have symptoms or are self-isolating
We recommend that you still keep 1m+ away from people outside of your household (apart from your therapist).
Therapies that are running include:
- oxygen sessions with 2 people per chamber (increasing to 3 people from 2nd August)
- 1-2-1 hydrotherapy sessions in the pool
- 1-2-1 physio sessions
- group physio sessions with limited numbers
- online exercise classes
- in-person exercise classes running alongside online exercise classes – up to 5 people in person
- in-person Angell Art Group for a limited number of people
- in-person Recipe Swap for a limited number of people (also running on zoom at the same time)
Some of our Covid Safety Procedures include:
- Air purifiers in all public areas and therapy rooms
- Hand sanitiser at all entrances and around the building
- Covid screening questions and a temperature check on entry
- More robust cleaning before each new client and at the end of the day
- PPE worn by all clinicians
- Surgical-grade masks worn by everyone when inside the Centre (unless medically exempt).
We hope to return to a fuller programme of therapies and treatments in due course, but some of our Covid procedures and restrictions may stay in place for longer.
Our remote support services will continue through telephone and video calls with our physio team, live exercise classes, online workshops, virtual social activities and telephone counselling. We are still accepting new members, although assessments will take place via telephone/video call.
For online EXERCISE CLASSES and Yoga please email email@example.com to be sent the Zoom link. Bookings must be received by the day before the class as you will need to complete a screening questionnaire first.
We have also put together a list of suitable videos on exercise, relaxation and more for you to try at home.
For OXYGEN appointments please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently only allowing 2 people in the chamber at one time, following strict guidelines that will be explained to you when you book your appointment.
PHYSIO appointments require an initial telephone consultation. Please call us or email email@example.com to arrange a call with your physiotherapist.
New member referrals are welcome. Please call us to arrange a chat with one of our clinical team.
On this page, you will find links to helpful advice and services, as well as articles and videos on additional exercises, workshops and activities you can do from home.
If you have any concerns please contact us on 01296 696133 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I go for more information and support?
Chilterns MS Centre
You can also call us on 01296 696133 Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm if you have any concerns or questions.
Amy Smissen has some great tips on how to keep sane during self-isolation and social distancing. Visit our YouTube Channel for the latest tips.
A very helpful page that brings together current advice on MS and COVID-19 including self-isolation, DMDs, symptoms and benefits.
If you are worried about your MS and coronavirus and want to chat to someone, call the MS Helpline on 0808 800 8000 Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm except bank holidays.
You can also try some exercise at home with these great videos.
This page will be updated regularly as new information and advice become available.