Terms and Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions
- Information on the Website.
Whilst every effort is made to update the information contained on this website, neither the Website Owner nor any third party or data or content provider make any representations or warranties, whether express, implied in law or residual, as to the sequence, accuracy, completeness or reliability of information, opinions, any share price information, research information, data and/or content contained on the website (including but not limited to any information which may be provided by any third party or data or content providers) (“information”) and shall not be bound in any manner by any information contained on the website. The Website Owner reserves the right at any time to change or discontinue without notice, any aspect or feature of this website. No information shall be construed as advice and information is offered for information purposes only and is not intended for trading purposes. You and your company rely on the information contained on this website at your own risk. If you find an error or omission at this site, please let us know.
- Trade Marks. The trade marks, names, logos and service marks (collectively “trade marks”) displayed on this website are registered and unregistered trade marks of the Website Owner. Nothing contained on this website should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any trade mark without the prior written permission of the Website Owner.
- External Links.
External links may be provided for your convenience, but they are beyond the control of the Website Owner and no representation is made as to their content. Use or reliance on any external links and the content thereon provided is at your own risk. When visiting external links you must refer to that external websites terms and conditions of use. No hypertext links shall be created from any website controlled by you or otherwise to this website without the express prior written permission of the Website Owner. Please contact us if you would like to link to this website or would like to request a link to your website.
- Public Forums and User Submissions.
The Website Owner is not responsible for any material submitted to the public areas by you (which include bulletin boards, hosted pages, chat rooms, or any other public area found on the website. Any material (whether submitted by you or any other user) is not endorsed, reviewed or approved by the Website Owner. The Website Owner reserves the right to remove any material submitted or posted by you in the public areas, without notice to you, if it becomes aware and determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that you are or there is the likelihood that you may, including but not limited to:
5.1 defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of other users or any third parties;
5.2 publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
5.3 post or upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programmes that may damage the operation of the Website Owner’s and/or a third party’s computer system and/or network;
5.4 violate any copyright, trade mark, other applicable Great Britain or international laws or intellectual property rights of the Website Owner or any other third party;
5.5 submit contents containing marketing or promotional material which is intended to solicit business.
- Specific Use.
You further agree not to use the website to send or post any message or material that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, indecent, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene, sexually orientated, racially offensive, profane, pornographic or violates any applicable law and you hereby indemnify the Website Owner against any loss, liability, damage or expense of whatever nature which the Website Owner or any third party may suffer which is caused by or attributable to, whether directly or indirectly, your use of the website to send or post any such message or material.
The Website Owner makes no warranties, representations, statements or guarantees (whether express, implied in law or residual) regarding the website, the information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system.
- Disclaimer of Liability.
The Website Owner shall not be responsible for and disclaims all liability for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by you or any third party (including your company), as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to your access and use of the website, any information contained on the website, your or your company’s personal information or material and information transmitted over our system. In particular, neither the Website Owner nor any third party or data or content provider shall be liable in any way to you or to any other person, firm or corporation whatsoever for any loss, liability, damage (whether direct or consequential), personal injury or expense of any nature whatsoever arising from any delays, inaccuracies, errors in, or omission of any share price information or the transmission thereof, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon or occasioned thereby or by reason of non-performance or interruption, or termination thereof.
- Use of the Website.
The Website Owner does not make any warranty or representation that information on the website is appropriate for use in any jurisdiction (other than Great Britain). By accessing the website, you warrant and represent to the Website Owner that you are legally entitled to do so and to make use of information made available via the website.
10.1 Entire Agreement.
These website terms and conditions constitute the sole record of the agreement between you and the Website Owner in relation to your use of the website. Neither you nor the Website Owner shall be bound by any express tacit or implied representation, warranty, promise or the like not recorded herein. Unless otherwise specifically stated these website terms and conditions supersede and replace all prior commitments, undertakings or representations, whether written or oral, between you and the Website Owner in respect of your use of the website.
The Website Owner may at any time modify any relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices. You acknowledge that by visiting the website from time to time, you shall become bound to the current version of the relevant terms and conditions (the “current version”) and, unless stated in the current version, all previous versions shall be superseded by the current version. You shall be responsible for reviewing the then current version each time you visit the website.
Where any conflict or contradiction appears between the provisions of these website terms and conditions and any other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices, the other relevant terms and conditions, policies or notices which relate specifically to a particular section or module of the website shall prevail in respect of your use of the relevant section or module of the website.
No indulgence or extension of time which either you or the Website Owner may grant to the other will constitute a waiver of or, whether by estoppal or otherwise, limit any of the existing or future rights of the grantor in terms hereof, save in the event or to the extent that the grantor has signed a written document expressly waiving or limiting such rights.
The Website Owner shall be entitled to cede, assign and delegate all or any of its rights and obligations in terms of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices to any third party.
All provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices are, notwithstanding the manner in which they have been grouped together or linked grammatically, severable from each other. Any provision of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices, which is or becomes unenforceable in any jurisdiction, whether due to voidness, invalidity, illegality, unlawfulness or for any reason whatever, shall, in such jurisdiction only and only to the extent that it is so unenforceable, be treated as pro non scripto and the remaining provisions of any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall remain in full force and effect.
10.7 Applicable laws.
Any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Great Britain without giving effect to any principles of conflict of law. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of Great Britain in respect of any disputes arising in connection with the website, or any relevant terms and conditions, policies and notices or any matter related to or in connection therewith.
10.8 Comments or Questions.
ALMIGHTY ABSEIL 2020 – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By ticking the box online or signing the registration form, you agree to our terms and conditions below.
- I understand that each abseiler must complete the registration form individually.
- I understand that you must be aged 16 or over to take part in the almighty abseil. I understand all under 18s must be accompanied by an adult who will take full responsibility for them on the day of the event, and must read and sign the terms and conditions and disclaimer on their behalf.
- I understand my entry fee purely covers the cost of the event and is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- I understand registration closes at Midnight on 24/09/2020; entries are processed on a first come first basis and are subject to availability.
- I understand I must commit to raising a minimum of £150 sponsorship for The Chilterns MS Centre. I will make sure the minimum sponsorship amount is received by The Chilterns MS Centre before the abseil takes place on 27 September 2020.
- I understand I may be committing a criminal offence if I do not give all of the sponsorship money I raise to the Chilterns MS Centre.
- I understand that any online sponsorship will be sent directly to the Centre. If I am sending in sponsorship money, this must be via a cheque and I must include my name and address on the back of the cheque. I will not send cash in the post.
- I understand and confirm that I will wear training shoes and suitable clothing.
- If I choose to wear fancy dress costume, I understand the wearing of a cape must be detachable (eg. using Velcro) and I may be asked to remove items of the outfit for safety reasons, as directed by Mile End (the specialists running the activity).
- I acknowledge that this event involves a moderate level physical activity – including climbing up steep steps and walking backwards – participating in the Almighty Abseil could be deemed as a hazardous activity and I acknowledge that there is an inherent risk of physical injury that cannot be eliminated completely. I understand that serious injuries are not common, but may occur.
- I understand that I cannot take part unless the Chilterns MS Centre has received a signed and dated disclaimer.
- I understand that The Chilterns MS Centre recommend if I have any concerns or doubts about my health or I have a medical condition that may be affected by taking part, that I should obtain my doctor’s approval before participating in the event.
- I understand and acknowledge that I am participating in this event at my own risk and that The Chilterns MS Centre, the sponsors or supporters of the event cannot be held liable for any injury, accident, loss, damage or public liability caused or sustained before, during, or after the event, as a result of my participation, unless caused by the negligence of The Chilterns MS Centre or Mile End. If I am signing on behalf of a minor, I shall keep the Chilterns MS Centre indemnified against all and any liability, losses or claims from myself and the minor I am signing on behalf of.
- I understand that the Chilterns MS Centre will not be held liable for any damage to personal property or material loss to myself or a third party. I understand that in order to cover myself, I am advised to take out personal insurance cover for any damage to personal property or material loss to myself or a third party.
- I take full responsibility for any and all damages, liabilities, losses, or expenses incurred as a result of my participation.
- I understand that the Chilterns MS Centre does not accept responsibility for the actions of the participants nor the consequences of such actions. I am responsible for my own safety and actions (including the safety of my possessions) whilst undertaking this challenge, as well as the safety and actions of any under 18-year old in my care.
- The Chilterns MS Centre cannot be held liable for any changes made to the event for safety reasons, or as otherwise planned, through circumstances beyond our control; this includes indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential losses connected with any aspect of this event.
- I understand the Chilterns MS Centre reserves the right to update its terms and conditions at any time prior to the event and that an up to date copy will be displayed at the event for participants to view.
- I understand that the Chilterns MS Centre reserves the right to cancel the event at any time. In such an event, the fundraising team will endeavour to reschedule the event and each participant’s entry will be automatically moved to the rescheduled event. If a Participant can’t make this event, they can carry their entry to another event of an equal or lower ticket value within the following calendar year. No refunds will be issued.
- I understand that if I arrive late and miss my allocated start time that I might not be permitted to participate, and this decision will be at the discretion of the Event Organisers.
- I understand that I must abide by the rules, instructions and regulations I receive prior to the event and any instructions displayed or given to me on the day of the event by officials.
- I understand that alcohol, or any other substance, is not permitted to be brought into, or consumed prior, or during the event.
- I understand the Chilterns MS Centre Event Organisers reserve the right to refuse entry at their discretion and may immediately dismiss anyone who disobeys any rules, directions, instructions, decisions, or laws, or whose behaviour endangers safety or negatively affects a person, facility, or property of any type or kind.
- I understand that if I am a professional or commercial photographer and plan on taking multiple photographs of participants who are not personally known to me, this is forbidden.
- I understand and give my permission for my image to be captured (camera and film) by the Chilterns MS Centre, Mile End and outside sources. I understand that these images may be used indefinitely to promote the work of the Chilterns MS Centre and its fundraising activities and that it is my responsibility to inform the fundraising Team, at the time I register, should I wish such images of myself, or of the people in my care, not to be used.
The Chilterns MS Centre will process your personal data for the purpose of your entry to, and participation in, the Almighty Abseil. We would like to keep you informed about our work, promotions and future events, so please let us know if this OK by completing a Contact Preferences form.
Tel: 01296 823040 www.chilternsmscentre.org/abseil Registered Charity No.800853
ALMIGHTY ABSEIL 2020 – Disclaimer
Before registering, please read the following declaration.
A version of this disclaimer will be emailed to you once you have registered and this must be signed and returned to the fundraising team before your registration is complete.
- I understand that if I am in doubt about my health or have a medical condition that could be affected by taking part in this challenge, I should obtain my doctor’s approval before participating.
- I understand that I enter the event at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself.
- I confirm that in the unlikely event of injury or emergency, I consent to medical care in order to receive treatment and that this medical care may not be available onsite immediately. I understand this disclaimer extends to any liability arising in connection to medical treatment and transportation (and I assume liability for any costs associated with this).
- I confirm that I am aged 16 or over, and anyone under my care who is taking part in the challenge also meets this minimum age requirement.
- I confirm that I understand this is a fundraising event and pledge a minimum of £150 to the Chilterns MS Centre (whether raised through sponsorship or paid from my own funds).
- I confirm that I have read the terms and conditions associated with this event and accept these upon my registration.
This copy of the disclaimer will be assumed as accepted upon registering for the event, and a signable version will be emailed to you once the fundraising team have received your application.