Trustee Treasurer Wanted
We are looking for a volunteer to join our board of trustees and take over the role of treasurer.
What will you be doing?
As our treasurer, your main role will be to maintain an overview of the charity’s financial affairs, ensure our financial viability and that proper financial records and procedures are maintained. You will be working closely with our Finance Manager.
Our Treasurer’s main responsibilities are:
- presenting budgets, internal management accounts and annual financial statements to the board of trustees
- leading in the board’s duty to ensure that proper accounting records are kept, financial resources are properly controlled, invested and economically spent, in line with good governance, legal and regulatory requirements
- chairing the monthly finance committee and reporting back to the board of trustees
- liaising with our external auditors
As well as the above, you’ll be part of our board of trustees shaping the future of the charity. You will ensure that everything we do has our members at the heart of it and help us to reach out to a wider community of people with MS.
What are we looking for
You must be a professional with a background in accounting and the passion, drive and enthusiasm to help hundreds of people in their local community.
You will be an excellent communicator who will be able to share the charity’s financial position with fellow trustees and the people that benefit from our services at our AGM.
What difference will you make?
Your expertise will be vital to keep us on track financially and to explain and discuss financial issues with your fellow board members. As well as contributing to ensure we can sustainably deliver our services, you will be pivotal, along with your colleagues on the board, in helping us reach our vision to be a beacon of excellence and a lifeline to everyone affected locally by multiple sclerosis.
What’s in it for you?
You will get the opportunity to work with other professionals at our amazing facility nestled in the Chilterns Hills. What better way to use your skills and experience than becoming part of a local, independent charity where over 300 people with MS rely on us each week to deliver treatment and therapies that make a real difference to them on a day to day basis. This type of support is not available on the NHS.
This opportunity comes at an exciting time in the charity’s over 30 year history when we are revitalising our strategy and service offering, and exploring additional income streams.
- Attend monthly Board meetings (last Thursday of any month 6.00 to 8.00pm)
- Chair the Finance Committee meetings monthly (approx. 2 hours)
- An additional 4 hours Jan/Feb for Annual Accounts
- Ad hoc phone calls/emails each month
- AGM once a year 4 hours on a Sunday
For more details on our Charity, please visit our website www.chilternsmscentre.org
For an informal discussion, please contact Catherine Golds our Vice Chair on 01296 696133 or send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 6 May 2019