We are launching a new activity/exercise programme and are looking for someone with the following skills and experience to join our team at the Chilterns MS Centre:
- Fitness experience – working with people with wide ranging abilities
- Outgoing, friendly, motivational personality
- An understanding of exercise and fitness theory
- A relevant fitness qualification e.g. Level 2 Fitness Instructor OR Level 3 Personal Trainer AND Level 3 Diploma in GP Exercise Referral
- Experience of working with people with disabilities
- Car driver with own transport and business use insurance
- Public liability insurance and professional indemnity cover
You will be required to attend a fully funded Wright Foundation Level 4 Specialist residential course 14th-18th January 2019
The remit of the Exercise Therapist will be to plan and deliver exercise classes for people with MS in the local community and within the MS Centre. A key part of the role will be collaborative working with local health and sports teams to develop referral pathways and to promote the number of people accessing the project. The full scope of the programme is yet to be established but other responsibilities may also include training ‘buddy’ volunteers, supporting individuals to access existing local community exercise classes and home visits.
The project team will consist of 2 exercise therapists (inclusive of this post), a project lead and a project administrator.
Please note that this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references from previous employers will be sought prior to interview. Proof of professional liability insurance will also be required.
How to Apply
Closing date: Friday 14 December 2018
There are a number of volunteering opportunities listed here.