Our Social Groups are an informal and welcoming groups. Members can take part in the themed activities as much or as little as they want to. Each week there is a different activity.
We run a general group on alternate Wednesdays and a games group on alternate Thursdays. We also have the Kaleidoscope Art Group on alternate Wednesdays.
The aim of the Social Group is to provide people with the opportunity to meet other members and to participate in fun activities. Living with a long-term condition like MS means life can become dominated by day to day essentials, leaving little time, energy and resources for enjoying the fun things in life. We want to help you to redress this balance.
We run a range of activities including games, puzzles, crafts and quizzes, plus regular themed sessions that group members help to plan and organise. As a group we organise trips out into the local community throughout the year.
HOW CAN A GROUP LIKE THIS BENEFIT ME?
Enjoying social and leisure activities within a group setting can help in many ways, both physically and emotionally.
- Lifting mood/reducing stress
- Improving confidence/providing a feeling of achievement
- Recognising existing skills and learning new ones
- Forming new friendships & widening support networks
- Strengthening thinking skills (e.g. concentration / memory)
- Providing a sense of structure and purpose
- Improving physical stamina & increasing energy levels